Friday, January 3, 2014

Atomic Dream

I am on the beach, large swells approaching me in progressively greater heights, each breaking a bit closer than the last. The dark sky roared, stirring and churning on itself; I am a digestive chime in the vast stomach of the world.
As the greatest of all tidal waves climbs its way up to the heavens, shaping its body upward, it crashes unexpectedly soon. Fighter jets soar from behind me, dropping small bombs into an angry ocean. Turning to look, I can see that I am standing on a land under attack.

A flash breaks, a sudden luminous presence so bright that the world around me instantly vanishes from sight, and I am thrown.
My body, now just a light material object, is helpless in the air as the blast throws me, and I can feel it becoming undone.
Each one of my molecules I can feel disintegrating, as my precious limbs separate from me...
And at once I am dematerialized, only leaving my consciousness suspended somewhere in a timeless state, leaving me to think: "That was it."
And with those words, all of life's turmoil and anxiety simply vanished, and it was a spectacular feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Disintegration of the body, freeing the self in a fantastic but annihilating event --- what a vision!

    ReplyDelete