Monday, January 27, 2014

Empathy

Amongst the rush and tumble, the speeding momentum of the streets that push me along, walking past thousands of fellow dwellers all day long without considering their humanity, I was stopped by a man, and I looked into his eyes, suddenly reverent, and I felt a momentous calm wash over me. These eyes I’d looked at before, even at length, but never quite so deeply. As the idiom goes, I was lost, stuck in the mesmerizing hypnosis of the flaring greens and blues of his irises. For a moment my heart fluttered, and I felt him, his entire existence, and I could see that he was like me. Somewhere amongst my swim in the sea of passionate emotion in his eyes, I reached the edges and climbed up and out, and so I walked on, looking down to avoid the eyes of other men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment