Sunday, January 5, 2014

Freshman Scream

The scream began to build up inside of me, festering, gathering, preparing. I look around to see if anyone's there and I see an old woman somewhere I'm not sure where but she's there and I run, holding my mouth with one hand, gripping my hair with the other, imagining this scream well before it occurs, how it might sound, what it might look like, and I'm still searching for a spot alone. I can feel this scream's wants, desires; I suppose it shall birth and then split off into many tinier screams, or perhaps it might explode before me in bright colorful sparks! But alas, my spot reached, above the lake, I throw off my hat, raise my head to God or someone, and out comes this energy, channeled into the scream, nothing moves but me, and I can feel the air around me cary this scream, pulling it out of my throat and into the Big World, and when its all done I sit, panting, watching this scream travel on into the big unknown, and soon I cannot even remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment